Saturday, February 27, 2010

What is the first thing you would do when you check in to a hotel room?

Be it a 5 star or 1 star hotel...What is the first thing you would do when you check in to a hotel room?
-i'll check the cleanliness and the comfortability of the bathroom first..hehe..


-then i'll test the comfortability of the bed,,


-then the efficiency of the light-air cond,


-then i'll check...the various type of channel that they hav on their televisionWhat is the first thing you would do when you check in to a hotel room?
I'm a safety conscious guy as I was a safety officer before. First thing first, I'll look for the floor plan of the level where my room is located and study the fire evacuation for emergency case. This schematic diagram of the floor plan in frame is displayed conspicuously on the wall at every level of the hotel.
Rip the bedspread off the bed, pull back the sheets, look for signs of lazy maids. Trust me- INSPECT the bedding! You'd be surprised at the number of maids who do not bother to change the sheets or pillowcases. Most hotels give maids 27-30 minutes to clean a room and if even one room sets their time back (and plenty of people leave rooms filthy), the maids WILL take shortcuts or risk being written up. I check the sheets and pillowcases first then look behind and under the furniture for signs of shortcuts. If you find a candy wrapper behind the nightstand the maid took a shortcut - ask for clean sheets!
if me alone:


take the key, find my room, get into my room, let go of my luggage, switch on every light, turn it off again, check the bathroom, check the wardrobe...... evrything ok?


ok. now go to sleep.





if me n family:


hubby take the key, find our room, get into the room, check everything, everything ok? ok.


now, tell my daughter not to play with the phone, tell my son not to jump on the bed, tell my hubby not to switch on the TV so loud........ then, get into the bathroom, have a hot bath.
Take out the anti-bacterial wipes and clean the place down starting with the remote control, light switches, doorknobs, toilet seat, sinks, bathtub floor and faucet handles.





When that's done then I get out my travel pillow-case and put it over the hotel pillow. I also make sure that the sheets and towels are clean (oh it's so easy to tell when they aren't- one little scraggly hair and that's it).





What?? :)
Put my bags down. Unpack my bathroom gear and check out the bathroom. See what the bed and pillows are like. Check out how much internet is going to cost me. Glance through their ';Guest Guide'; in case there's anything interesting or unusual I didn't know about their services. (If a business trip) Check whether I have an iron and ironing board in the room or if I have to call for one. Look out the windows. See what times room service deliver to. 8-)
Look at the fire exit route on the back of the door!!! could save your life later!





Also, check to see if the windows are locked - especially if it is a first floor room!


I have had many rooms that had the windows unlocked!!!
Ok, the order...





1. Open the blinds, check the view


2. Open the drawer beside the bed to see if there's a Bible, odd thing is I'm not even religious, I just find it curious it's always there! lol
1)take the key


2)open the door


3)smell the room whether it's smell good or not..


4)put my stuff


5)open the shoe


6)lay on the comfortable bed


7)watching tv





then go out for dinner/lunch..
I've worked as a house keeper at a world famous hotel, and trust me on this, request a clean bedspread and a bottle of clorox to re-clean the bathroom.
usually check the bathroom/beds/cupboard and fridge...





open the window too
I usually walk around checking everything works - like TV, lights, taps etc :) If that's all good then I flop down on the bed to see if it's comfy!
i will go to the window first! to see outside, whether nice or not...then i'll check the bathroom, follow by mattress, closet, and mini bar...
unpack
5 star take my luggage up to the room and unpack


1star hotel i would laugh up the way to the room at the cheap decorations
I first check on the rest room then on the windows for security purposes.
Check the smells then the airconds/ fan, to the toilet then hang my clothes.
Check for the cleanliness and comfort of the room and bathroom- roach free and dust free.
Always start with the fan or aircond.. probably they have dust that might kill me while im sleeping...
Check the rooms and closets for someone hiding in them. Then check to see if there are cameras.
Check the cleanliness of the room.
Urinate
Shower.
Look in the bathroom and under the bed for the boogy man.
test the bed,switch on the tv and then inspect the whole room
Jump on the bed while waiting for room service to bring in a chocolate milkshake
Pee like a racehorse, gallons and gallons.
After check in I would check out the view from the room
Room Service : )
'test drive' the bed...
I check all the drawers and then bathroom to make sure its clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment