Saturday, February 27, 2010

Is it allowed to use candles in a hotel room?

im going to a wedding at the weekend and have a posh hotel room booked..thought id make it romantic for me and my boyfriend by using candles...i was going to put them around the room (safely of course) and in the bathroom etc to create a nice atmosphere (you get the idea) BUT, is this ok?or will it set any alarms off etc?as long as im careful with them as i am at home will i be ok or are there rules about this kinda thing?


thanks


Is it allowed to use candles in a hotel room?
Its based on each hotels rules and regulations. Like someone above said, some fire alarms are extra sensitive in hotels. Your best bet is to ring the hotel beforehand and ask :)





Have a good time! :)Is it allowed to use candles in a hotel room?
The smoke alarm is your main concern, most I have been in say the alarm is so sensitive that even steam from the shower can set it off





The last thing you want is to be stood outside doing a head count in the freezing cold at 2am.





This happened to us once (no we weren't to blame before you ask!)





Give the hotel a bell and ask if it is allowed
I have used candles a couple of times in hotels with no bother. I do stay in smoking rooms though - no idea if that makes any difference. Just make sure you put something sturdy and heat proof under each candle - you don't want burnt furniture added to your bill!





Enjoy your night!
Go for it! I always take travel candles with me and have never had a problem with smoke alarms or staff. In fact, some hotels even provide candles in the rooms. I like the fragrance and I love my candle lit baths. As long as you're sensible there won't be any issues at all.
Glad you asked this haha cause me n my bf are going to be staying in a hotel over my 21st, and i was wondering the same thing!


Youve got two options i reckon...1.Get ur bf to phone the hotel and ask - get him to tell a porkie like say he is whisking u away for a secret romantic weekend and he wants to know if he can use candles.


or 2. Dont phone, just go ahead and risk it!
I don't think you are as it would probably start a fire alarm and would be classed as a danger hassared, but depends ask the hotel.
As long as your careful it should be fine. Candles arent going to set off any fire alarms unless they are smoking a lot which i doubt they will.





Have fun!
Check with reception, but they might say no as it is comfortable option. I would take a risk and enjoy- you are not going anywhere!!!
What they don't know can't hurt them. Just dont burn the place down, kay?

No comments:

Post a Comment