Friday, February 26, 2010

2 people in a private single hotel room?

Hi! I'm traveling to USA for the first time, and was wondering if it's okay for my boyfriend to stay in the same room even though I just paid for myself.


This might seem like a silly question, especially because we see a lot of this going on in movies, but I just wanted to make sure that it's not against any hotel policies. Answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!2 people in a private single hotel room?
It is illegal in the US for more people to stay in a hotel room than are registered.





The term for the law you'd be breaking is ';defrauding an innkeeper.';





Would you get caught? Maybe yes, maybe no. Do you want to chance it?








ADDED LATER: I see that Boninbo says I'm wrong, but I think he/she has misunderstood me. I'm saying that if you pay for a single room and say that you are staying in that room alone, and THEN sneak someone else in to spend the night, that is illegal. I'm not talking about who pays for the room, but rather whether or not you have paid for a double. I stand by my answer: both people must be registered for the stay to be legal. That said, I also doubt that you would get caught.2 people in a private single hotel room?
Um, you do know it's 2009, right? If you can find a hotel that doesn't allow unmarried people to sleep in the same room, take a photo of that place because you've obviously stepped into some sort of time travel portal.





But to answer your question, yes, you both can stay in the same room in a hotel in the USA.





Oh, and cardtapper is wrong. Just because only one person is paying for the room does not mean a second person can't stay there. If you're talking about five or six or seven people in a room designed for two, you might have a problem because they hotel might suspect some crazy partying going on (trust me, I've seen people busted on this). But two adults...please. It's not ';illegal'; or ';defrauding'; anyone. It's done all the time.
Enjoy yourselves and please try to be quiet, not want suspicious rumors flying with your moans and groans of oh God oh God.
haha of course it's alright. Have fun here!

No comments:

Post a Comment