Saturday, February 27, 2010

Someone who had no idea where i was tracked me down to a hotel room and called my room. How is this possible?

Was in a hotel room, 4am phone rings...someone I don't want to talk to calling me from across the country asking for me. How would someone accomplish this?Someone who had no idea where i was tracked me down to a hotel room and called my room. How is this possible?
credit card activity and stalker mentality.Someone who had no idea where i was tracked me down to a hotel room and called my room. How is this possible?
You must have left a clue, sounds as tho' the system has failed somewhere along the way.
Probably has your credit account or asked someone that knows that your in that hotel, phoned the hotel and asked for your hotel number
Someone's watching you - hope you were behaving yourself in that hotel room.
Did they know what city you were going to be in? I've had it happen many times where people will call every hotel in the city (mostly to find a cheating husband/wife). Could also be tracked through a frequent guest number, if you have one at that hotel. Someone could conceivably call a reservations 1-800 number and have them track your rewards number (marriott rewards, hilton honors, choice privileges, etc). But there is usually a password or something like that that they need first. Could also be your credit card if they have online access to your credit card...again though, they would need to know your password. It would show up on your credit card as an authorization. If you don't want someone to call your room at 4am, request the front desk to put a ';do not disturb'; on your phone and any calls will go directly to voicemail. I would also change all of my passwords, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment