Saturday, February 27, 2010

Paying for hotel room via credit card?

Okay, I've ordered a room in a hotel via a credit card, and entered all the details for it. They have said I won't be charged til I check out, but I'm wondering if I have to bring the card with me, or is it automatically charged as I've already given the details. Has anybody booked a hotel via this way? It's just my parents credit card and they'd have to put my name on the card for me to use it.Paying for hotel room via credit card?
When you book a room online, they expect you to bring the card with you. They'll want to see it when you check in %26amp; when you check out you have to produce the card again to pay the final bill, then you pay. If you incur additional costs while you're staying in the hotel - room service, charge drinks to the room, etc. They need you to check that the expenses are all yours %26amp; that you agree to pay them.





In this case, you won't be able to present the card - if the credit card is in your parents name, you can't use it to pay.





If you don't have a credit or debit card in your own name, you need to tell them when you sign in %26amp; they will probably expect you to pay a certain amount up front in cash - give them a ring %26amp; ask them what the arrangement around paying in cash is so you'll have enough with you.Paying for hotel room via credit card?
I work in a hotel, we need the credit card at the time of payment and it has to be your signature on the back which has to match the name on the front of the card if there is one and we need another form of picture ID to show that it is you. Not sure about most hotels but it should be common practice for security reasons.
They won't have taken the payment, so you will need to bring the card. They will have just validated it. You will still be able to pay with cash if you prefer to do that, and your card won't be charged.





I think they do it so you can't do a runner without paying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment