Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I don't have a credit card but o have a mastercard debit card. can i get a hotel room with this?

neither my boyfriend or i have a credit card and we're planning a trip to seattle. to stay in a hotel, i know you need a credit card. would my mastercard debit card work?I don't have a credit card but o have a mastercard debit card. can i get a hotel room with this?
Call up the hotel and make sure they take Mastercard. If the logo is on the front of the card though, it'll double as a credit card. I know my debit card does with the Visa logo.I don't have a credit card but o have a mastercard debit card. can i get a hotel room with this?
I don't think so.





Most places require a valid credit card only. I realize that it is possible to swipe a debit card like a credit card with valid ID, but I don't think they will allow it.
Call the hotel. The hotel where I work will take any card with a Visa or Mastercard logo on it. However, each hotel have different policies on the credit card thing. So to be save, just call.





Word of advice. Make sure your debit card has enough funds for your whole stay plus 30 percent extra. Most hotels authorized the stay plus 15 to 30% extra.
Yes they do
yes as long as the hotel accepts mastercard it will work just fine
yes it will work. BUT if its a checking account debit card the motel will put a hold on the money in your checking account.


Then depending on your bank it may take 5 working days to release the money. They do the same thing for rental cars also.


Rule of thumb is never use a checking acct debit card for motel or car rental.


But if it all you have, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do
yes
  • kawasaki
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment