Friday, February 26, 2010

I was charged more than the posted rate on the door of my hotel room. What can I do about it? Is that illegal?

We agreed to the rate we paid beforehand, but when we entered the room we noticed that the ';rate posting'; was $100 less per night!!I was charged more than the posted rate on the door of my hotel room. What can I do about it? Is that illegal?
Wow... That happened to me too, but not at THAT level.


I found out later that it was just taxes at a near 30% rate, and apparently, they don't have to include the taxes in their advertisements (Which.. Honestly, at that rate is just misleading IMO, especially to out-of-staters)


If it isn't taxes, you might be able to fight it.


Just check with a lawyer.


Good luck anyhow!I was charged more than the posted rate on the door of my hotel room. What can I do about it? Is that illegal?
Check how much did you pay in taxes and do the math again.





Most ';rate posting'; don't include the tax.





EDIT





Well if the post was dated ';11/08'; then it's probably outdated; but depending on your jurisdiction you could have some rights since that could be false advertising.





But I still don't get why you didn't ask the hotel manager about that; then depending on their explanation or lack of it you could have decided what to do next.
It could be outdated. Look it up on the internet. Contact the attorney general of your state, if not. Good luck.
Did you reserve the room?





EDIT:





It would appear the rate chart dated 11/08 is no longer valid.

No comments:

Post a Comment