Saturday, February 27, 2010

Christians, would you have a problem with a Muslim group putting copies of the Koran in hotel rooms...?

...with the Bible?Christians, would you have a problem with a Muslim group putting copies of the Koran in hotel rooms...?
NopeChristians, would you have a problem with a Muslim group putting copies of the Koran in hotel rooms...?
I wouldn't mind either.
That would be kool


I'd like to compare them both


but since I own both already I can do that at home
Don't really know any Christians that would personally. And I know many Christians.





Isn't this more a question for Polls and Surveys, though?





Matt
Of course they would. Of course, that opens up another can of worms, I think. Why can't I put copies of a Stephen King novel in hotel rooms? They're all just as fictional.
Absolutely not. Though I am not the one who dictates what is put in hotel rooms.
As long as it's an English translation... otherwise, it would be of no use to anyone who didn't speak Arabic. Some motels already have a Book of Mormon along with the Bible. I have no problem with it. No one is forced to read anything.
Not if I lived in a muslim nation. This country and it's traditions aren't based on Islam, why mess it up.
not at all. So the question should be WHY DON'T THEY?
no, it will only collect dust just as the bible.
Personally I say put them both side by side and let every person read each in its entirety and reflect on both of them. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob is proven out through the scriptures.
No, of course not. I have read it, along with the Book of Mormon and Dyanetics. How can one comment on a religion if one knows nothing of it. Not that it stops most people on here.
We do put them in hotel rooms, there are already some places, some hotels that have them but were trying so that all of em have a Qur'an.
not at all
It's the right of the hotel owners to put whatever reading material they want, or none at all, in the room.
It is only fair. Either have them all, or none at all, so you have to include the book of Mormon, Iliad and the Odyssey, etc. In fact, throw in The God Delusion for good measure.
No. Not at all. In fact i have read the Koran. I beieve that if anyone is confident in his faith then there is no need to fear anyone else's faith.
I think if they include the bible, then they should include all religions and belief systems.





This is USA ';freedom of religion'; which is a great thing!





I mean even though the Koran in particular list things such as:





Koran Sura 5:51 commands Muslims not to take Jews and Christians (infidels) as friends





Koran Sura 9:29 commands Muslims to fight against Jews and Christians until they either submit to Allah or die by the sword.





Koran Sura 2:65-66 and Sura 5:60 contain references to Jews as “apes and swine to be despised and rejected.”





and children's songs contain phrases like “until their blood runs in the streets” and “we will become martyrs for Allah”.





Why not, I guess that isn't any worse than watching certain violent things on TV in the hotel room.





So I say sure do it, but include all religions and ';belief systems'; to make it balanced for everyone.... they better get book shelves for the rooms.





OR maaayyybe they could not have any books in the rooms because I am sure any who would want to read religious books would bring their own.
I certainly wouldn't. Unfortunately, most Christians rarely open their own bible, so a Koran probably wouldn't make many waves.
I could care less. I'm not gonna read them.
I think that if you request on reservation or at the desk you could probably get one at most bigger hotel chains. Sadly, even the capitalist portion of our country still assumes everyone is a Christian.
  • kawasaki
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment